Come join a dynamic and innovative higher education institution dedicated to impacting the lives of students! Bryant and Stratton College has over 160 years of experience and a solid reputation of providing a quality education to students around the country.
The primary function of an Academic Success Coach is to enhance student support activities for Bryant & Stratton College Online Education. An Academic Success Coach will be there to coach, inspire, motivate and challenge new students as they enter the college. This position supports enrollment, student development and retention efforts while ensuring high quality learning in accordance with the college policies and procedures and including federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. The Academic Success Coach will engage students by using a variety communication tools (email, phone, chat, Blackboard, blog, newsletter, video, texting, etc.). This is NOT a virtual position.
- Provide effective on-boarding of students through scheduling, orientation participation, completion and interaction
- Build bonds and partnerships with students through regular contact, primarily by telephone and secondary through e-mail
- Work in partnership with assigned groups of Admissions Representatives, Financial Aid Advisors and Instructors
- Maintain frequent communication with students along with documentation of all communication attempts
- Convey to students the necessary aspects of the curriculum, sequencing, academic status, registration and the importance of long-term career and graduation planning
- Work in conjunction with faculty and first-term courses
- Coach students to develop specific skills related to academic work such as time management, study skills, technology, test taking and learning styles
- Responds timely, empathetically and accurately to student inquiries
- Support all key departmental operations including tracking statistics, proper file documentation and retention assessment and planning
- Participates with other staff members in the planning, directing and monitoring of special campus projects
- Actively participates in system-wide and campus committees and meetings
- Conduct surveys and related feedback processes and effectively analyze and disseminate data to assist associates and departments in fulfilling reasonable student needs
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems with creating effective and innovative solutions
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to resolve issues and remove obstacles
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to drive results and meet team/department goals
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team
- Strong commitment to education with the coaching skills required to effectively support online students
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships and rapport via the telephone
- Promotes a positive, fair and equitable learning environment that promotes student success
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience in academic/admissions/human services/customer services field required
- Internet Savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office products, BANNER
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer