**THIS POSITION WILL BE POSTED FOR 15 BUSINESS DAYS. THE APPLICATION PORTAL WILL OPEN FROM APRIL 16, 2019 AT 4:00 P.M. TO APRIL 17, 2019 AT 4:00 P.M. ONLY (24 HOURS).
To perform a variety of responsible technical accounting duties and responsibilities involved in the preparation, review and maintenance of financial and statistical records.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Director of Accounting and/or Director of Child Nutrition.
Example of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare a variety of financial and District related reports for the county, state and federal governments; prepare federal and state claim form for reimbursement; prepare year end reports.
- Prepare bank deposits and reconcile bank statements; reconcile bank deposits from sites to sales reports.
- Participate in compiling and analyzing bid packages.
- Calculate depreciation of equipment.
- Maintain various financial or statistical records requiring the use of independent judgment; verify, balance, and adjust a variety of accounts.
- Maintain ledger system; post, analyze, assemble, tabulate and compare financial data.
- Participate in the development and coordination of the District budgets; input and update budget data as required; maintain ongoing budget analysis postings.
- Prepare and distribute computer reports: prepare periodic reports for the Board of Trustees, State Department of Education, management and staff.
- Initiate daily accounting work papers with the county; reconcile District's books with the county.
- Bill the city quarterly for cost of crossing guards; invoice the County Office of Education quarterly for the cost of special education.
- Organize and maintain departmental records, forms, files, and documents necessary for a variety of calculations, transactions, and documentation.
- Answer telephone and personal inquiry requests regarding accounts, accounting procedures, budget changes, postings, and other financially related questions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance of financial or statistical records. (Experience must be reflected in Work Experience section of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of an incomplete application)
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by
additional coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, or a related field.
Usually 12 months per year, typically 8 hours per day.
To Establish Eligibility List
The examination consists of a qualifying written examination, practical examination or equivalent, and a Qualifications Appraisal Interview. When a promotional and open eligibility list is established, the promotional list will be used first
, unless otherwise stated on this bulletin.