The Dallas Mavericks are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate responsible for providing administrative and accounting duties for all accounts payable functions in the Finance Department.
A successful applicant should be self-motivated; demonstrate strong relationship building skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Account Payable Associate will be:
Skills and Requirements:
- Maintenance of accounting document files, including but not limited to, vendor setup and maintenance and contract verifiication
- Coding and keying invoices in accounting software on a daily basis
- Researching statements and outstanding financial issues
- Processing high monthly volume of invoices
- Verify invoice input against edit reports
- Account payable functions including entering invoices, running checks, matching up check payment to invoices, mailing checks, filing check backup on a weekly basis
- May include input of General Ledger journal entries, sending correspondences and other miscellaneous filings
- Works with various departments on A/P invoicing issues and vendor issues
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Running IRS documents & handling the filing of these documents
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient in GL coding, inputting and processing invoices to completion for multiple companies.
- Must be able to utilize mid-size accounting software (Solomon)
- Proficient in utilizing G/L codes
- Proficient in data input, typing and 10-key
- Skilled at vendor management
- Must have strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Associate degree or higher in accounting preferred
- Minimum of 1-year accounting experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.