Job Location : Spokane, WA, USA
The accounts payable/executive administrative assistant is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable system. Reviews all invoices, expense reports and purchase requests for administrative policy compliance. Prepares various journal entries and other accounting duties as assigned. Makes all adjustments as required to capital credit accounts. Works with members and heirs to determine payouts and transfers. Performs administrative services for the CEO and board of trustees. Assists CEO with board travel and board meeting preparations including meeting materials.
1. Processes accounts payable invoices, credit refunds, expense reports, check requests and reviews for compliance with all administrative policies.
2. Compares accounts payable checks to invoices before mailing.
3. Assists in coordinating and maintaining accounts payable ledger and any related supporting schedules.
4. Annually prepares and files all vendor 1099 tax forms.
5. Administers capital credits by working with members and heirs.
6. Works to keep capital credit database as accurate as possible.
7. Processes returned capital credit checks and allocation letters.
8. Balances and processes employee and trustee expense reports.
9. Prepares assigned journal entries and account analyses.
10. Prepares analyses and assists during internal and external audits.
11. Maintains document management software current with accounts payable and capital credit documents.
12. Administer petty cash per Procedure 8-7-6.
13. Assists member service with phone calls during lunch time when call volume is heavy.
14. Train in and provide back-up support for cash management, payroll and plant accounting.
15. Provides complete, timely and efficient administrative support for the CEO, the board of trustees and corporate counsel.
16. Maintains official cooperative records related to executive decisions and actions (contracts, agreements, board meeting minutes, etc.)
17. Maintains the annual activity calendar for the CEO and board. Arranges for meetings for the CEO and board members with public officials, legislators and affiliated organizations as requested. Assists with the annual meeting of members.
18. Prepares drafts of board updates and agendas. Prepares supplemental material as needed.
19. Prepare for board meetings and arrange for lunches, set-up and all additional administrative duties. Upload board meeting information and documents into BoardPaq paperless board portal.
20. Assists with board of trustee travel arrangements as needed.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associates degree in business administration, working towards a finance related degree or;
2. College degree in accounting or finance or;
3. Three years of related accounting work experience. Electric utility experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Ability to apply accounting knowledge, experience and speed with attention to detail and accuracy.
2. Knowledge and experience in operating office equipment, including 10-key and computer (accounting software) with speed and accuracy.
3. Knowledge of Excel and Word and the ability to work with the software with speed and accuracy.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Experience working with NISC preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,498.00 to $59,717.00 /year