Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
This is an Administrative Assistant position providing comprehensive administrative support to the Procurement SCM Houston based team. The position requires a high-energy individual who is self-motivated, works independently as well as in teams, and has demonstrated the ability to multi-task and use independent judgment within the scope of his/her responsibility. The individual should be able to discreetly and routinely handle confidential information, and establish a positive and professional working relationship with and communications among team members, clients and other staff members. No business travel is required.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Administrative Assistant located in Houston , TX Texas / United States through January 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Administrative support to a senior manager and team.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality surrounding any sensitive information/data and supporting other team members, as required.
- Organizes meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include: catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging conference calls, setting up equipment for video conferencing, and emailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
- Manages group calendar for the organization for key activities and events.
- Makes travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel. Assists with any travel-related visa/immigration document preparation.
- Supports personnel on/off boarding and coordinates office moves.
- Prepares travel expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling expenses.
- Manages purchasing card charges and reconciles monthly statements in the purchasing system.
- Assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned by management and other team members.
- Serves as a back up to other administrative support in the Procurement SCM Function and the business unit.
- Actively participates in the Office Assistants Networking Team and provides updates to the Procurement Team as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience as an administrative assistant or in other legal position with similar tasks and responsibilities.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be a collaborative team player.
- Self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates the needs of management and has the ability to discreetly handle confidential information.
- Strong collaboration and people skills with the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Strong organization skills and attention to details are crucial.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner, orally, and in writing; good listener; maintains tactful and professional demeanor in all situations with all levels at Chevron and with outside organizations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient in SAP, SharePoint, and data management.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.