Facebook, eBay, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Cisco, FedEx, Zynga, ESPN, PayPal, Firefox, Walmart, Logitech, Honda, Genentech. . . all of these companies rely on AnswerLab's research to support key business and product decisions. We are a growing leader in a rapidly-growing industry and we’re looking for a full-time People Experience Director for our SF headquarters.
AnswerLab is seeking an AP/Payroll Specialist with at least 3 years of Accounts Payable- and Payroll processing experience. The ideal candidate is driven, client-focused and ready to work in a fast paced and dynamic position managing various AP/Payroll processes. They are meticulously attentive to details, dependable, organized, excellent at navigating competing priorities and can be trusted with sensitive information. The APPS communicates professionally and in a service-oriented manner.
Manage the payroll process twice per month including;
- Quarterly bonus payments
- Bonus Accrual
- PTO Accrual
- Expense Reimbursements
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of current payroll system
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed Prepare and execute payroll cycle through an electronic system
- Process taxes including quarterly tax filings across 15+ states
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- 401k profit share administration
Accounts Payable & Accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Prepare invoice listing for payment and approval
- Enter invoices from Salesforce into QuickBooks
- Enter advance invoices
- Process third party vendor invoices
- Answer questions from external vendors and internal project managers
- Enter corporate expenses into Quickbooks
- Own the [email protected] alias and delegate tasks
- General accounting duties as needed
- Various Finance Projects
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business.
The ideal candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed below.
- QuickBooks, Intuit Payroll and Expensify experience strongly desired
- Associate degree in Accounting is preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll with a Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and basic accounting principles, practices, regulations and procedures.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience performing similar job functions
- Minimum 2-4 years of payroll administration experience is required using Intuit or similar payroll software system in a mid-size company (100+ employees)
- Must possess strong knowledge of federal, state, and local wages, over-time, tax, and deduction regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of benefits plans, FSA/HSA, 401K, commissions and bonus plans as they relate to payroll deduction
- High degree of sensitivity to payroll-related deadlines and commitment to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, responsible, detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Ability to work independently and multi-task, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Well-organized and a team player
- Good written and verbal communications skills are a must, with an emphasis on clear and sensitive responses
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and Microsoft Excel
- Strong desire to tackle new challenges and projects with enthusiasm
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and Encourage Inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Figure it out and get it done
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
Note: This job description is subject to change at at any time.