Performs difficult work in the preparation of documents for contract accounting. Liaison with vendor transfer stations and final processing facilities, in addition with DSNY Departments and borough offices. Ensures service contract receipts are received on time for various processing reports. Sort and review Daily Tracking Reports and receipts from SWM Borough offices for agency specifications, and contract compliance. Utilizes agency computer systems, and Financial Management System (FMS) to facilitate work assignments.
Computes and compiles financial data as directed for accounting, and for calculating balances affecting contracts and budgets; examines invoices and verifies their accuracy by consulting supporting financial records and data; keeps records, prepares reports and correspondence as required; monitors progress of contract payables and receivables; reviews contract payments and revenues, and due dates for contract milestones; verifies accounting data for accuracy and completeness which includes tracking contracts and entering in Excel spreadsheets to keep contract status information up-to-date and provide progress/status as needed; reconciles Statements and Invoices for discrepancies. Follow ups with agency fiscal unit to ensure that service invoices certified for payments are paid in compliance with PPB rules for prompt payment. Files records for review, audits, record retentions and archives. Prepare special reports as deemed necessary.
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) Completion of 30 semester credits from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), including 6 credits in accounting; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization, and two years of satisfactory full-time bookkeeping experience; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to 1 or 2 above. College education may be substituted for experience in 2 above on the basis that 15 semester credits from an accredited college may be substituted for each year of required experience. However, all candidates must have a high school diploma or its educational equivalent, and either 6 semester credits in accounting from an accredited college or 6 months of experience as described in 2 above.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level III individuals must have, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, at least one year of experience as a Bookkeeper (40526) or at least four years of satisfactory full-time bookkeeping experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of FMS system, and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and writing skills
MUST CURRENTLY BE A PERMANENT BOOKKEEPER WITH THE CITY OF NEW YORK
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Must apply via www.nyc.gov/careers or city employees apply via Employee Self Services
To be determined / 35 Hour per week
Staten Island Borough SWM Office, Staten Island, NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.