Business Operations Analyst (Project Administrator)
At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services operations team to work on enterprise customer engagements across the Americas, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are seeking a Business Operations Analyst to assist with the operational execution of our Professional Services business. Candidate should be a self-starter with strong analytical, organization, and communication skills.
AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. This is a great opportunity for a creative, dynamic, and results driven specialist to add significant value to the AWS Business Operations team by managing customer data and executing on customer contracts.
Position will be located in Chicago, IL or Herndon, VA. Up to 10% travel expected.
- Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up and maintenance in SalesForce.com consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects.
- Metrics reporting; collaborate with Operations team to validate and support monthly KPIs.
- Billing/Invoicing/Collections; ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data feeds to track revenue and collections.
- Continuous Improvements; proactively identify and implement operational enhancements that meet business requirements.
- Invoicing support, including but not limited to: providing status reports, providing billing details, and required customer documentation.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the areas of business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global Sales Organization
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong business analysis and functional experience with quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proven experience optimizing project accounting and billing systems for a professional services business.
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation