Job Location : Fairfield, CA, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
Call Center Patient Service Rep (full-time, FF)
Full Time, FTE: 1
HAC Suite 240 Room229
The Call Center Patient Services Representative performs general office duties including appointment scheduling, determining and verifying insurance eligibility, and processing of detailed messages to physicians. The Patient Services Representative functions as part of a clerical, clinical, and customer service team in support of primary care practices.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent required.
2. Some college business or computer course work essential.
3. Course work in medical terminology preferred.
Licensure and Certification:
1. Current AHA certification or equivalent in basic CPR.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
1. 1-2 years working in a healthcare environment required.
2. 1-2 years direct experience working in a call center environment preferred.
3. Strong experience in insurance verification preferred.
4. Strong communication skills and dynamic customer service experience preferred.
5. Strong organizational and written and spoken communication skills essential.
6. Demonstrated mastery of practice management systems is required with CPT, ICD9 coding experience beneficial.
7. Experience in the following areas preferred: appointment scheduling, registration process, insurance verification, primary care preventive care.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently on a variety of complex tasks, managing competing deadlines.
9. Bilingual capability preferred.
1. Hours: Based on business need.
2. Physical Effort: Walking, some bending, stooping, and lifting. Position requires extensive use of computer keyboarding throughout the day.