This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Must be graduate of accredited school of nursing, licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse, and graduate of school of nurse anesthesia accredited by AANA. Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas, and has passed qualifying examination administered by AANA required for certification as nurse
anesthetist. Must also be registered by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas as Nurse Anesthetist. No experience required. Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Prepares and administers anesthetic agents to patients in order to desensitize them to permit performance of medical or surgical procedures.
- Performs pre-anesthesia evaluation of patient in order to ascertain physiological and psychological factors which influence selection of anesthetic agent and formulation of plan of anesthetic management.
- Monitors patient in operating room in order to maintain patient in homeostatic condition and to ensure unnecessary injuries are not inflicted on patient.
- Records anesthetic information on anesthesia chart to provide permanent record necessary for care of patient, material for teaching and studies, and to establish medical-legal record.
- Provides clinical supervision or guidance to anesthesia students, paramedical and medical students in order to contribute to their clinical training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.