The Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. The role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable job also highlights the day to day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Accounts Payable will report to the Vice President of Accounting.
- review and verify invoices and check requests
- sort, code and match invoices
- set invoices up for payment
- enter and upload invoices into system
- track expenses and process expense reports
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- prepare and perform check runs
- post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- reconcile accounts payable transactions
- prepare analysis of accounts
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- maintain vendor files
- correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- produce monthly reports
- assist with month end closing
- provide supporting documentation for audits
Education and Experience:
- 5 years accounts payable & receivable experience.
- knowledge of general accounting procedures
- knowledge of general construction terminology and procedures.
- experienced with Quick book system and share file.
- proficient in data entry and management
- organizing and prioritizing
- attention to detail and accuracy
- communication skills
- information management skills
- problem-solving skills
- team work
- ability to meet deadlines
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: 5 years (Required)