We are looking for an experienced Controller to lead the Transifex’s accounting, financial reporting and compliance functions.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be empowered to:
- Manage Transifex’s global accounting function, which includes daily accounting operations and financial reporting
- Manage daily accounts receivable and account payable responsibilities, including payment collection, billing responsibilities and weekly check runs
- Manage monthly and quarterly close requirements for both US and Greek entities
- Responsible for all revenue recognition reporting and compliance requirements
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with GAAP through necessary analysis and reviews
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls
- Lead enhancement projects on financial infrastructure/ tools
- Industry experience in SaaS environment (early stages) required
- 5+ years of financial accounting experience in role of Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, US GAAP and IFRSA
- Strong experience with one or more financial systems (preferred: Quickbooks, Stripe, Bill.com, Expensify, Chargebee)
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, data driven and hands-on
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major; CPA and Masters in Finance or Accounting/ MBA desired
Want to know more about what it's like to work at Transifex? Check out our GlassDoor reviews
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Subsidized platinum-level health, dental, vision and other benefits (free for employees)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Unlimited vacation program
- Diverse and close-knit employee team
- Plus, the usual startup company perks like a casual work environment
Transifex is a Greek-born company, internationally recognized by today’s tech leaders as a leading agile translation management solution. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are global and digital – with engineers on two continents and customers in nearly 50 countries representing about 40,000 projects and over 320,000 users, localizing content in 150+ languages. Companies like Atlassian, Eventbrite, HubSpot, Microsoft, Salesforce and Waze rely on Transifex to achieve a truly multilingual, global presence.
While considering this position, take into account what we value here at Transifex. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, but we share one thing in common: We thrive by working together everyday. We are looking for people who aim to:
- Be a true teammate. We solve problems collaboratively and make ourselves invaluable to others.
- Consistently grow. We are passionate about taking on challenges and exposing ourselves to opportunities outside your comfort zone.
- Advocate for our customers. We deliberately aim high and increase our expectations of what we do for our customers
- Truly own it. You are conscious of the fact that you own a part of our company’s success and how your actions are impacting our objectives.
- Be your whole self. We show up each day to enjoy our contributions, the process and each other.