Job Location : Lincoln, NE, USA
Growing firm in Lincoln, NE has a need for a Controls Engineer. This is a full time position with a full benefits package. If interested please email your resume to us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develop new systems as required to meet new customer requirements.
· Work closely with Operations for problem solving and to assure that quality, safety and productivity is maintained.
· Maintaining vendor contacts and relationships with suppliers of production equipment and related materials.
· Keeping all technical documentation and software current and cataloged both electronically and hard-copy formats.
· Plant expert for programming PLC and Robotic equipment - Allen Bradley SLC 500, Control Logix, Micro Logix, RS Logix 500 & 5000, Panel View and Fanuc R-2000iA.
· Improve process through projects and innovative automation improvements.
· Develop and document acceptable parameters for robotic equipment.
· Assist in the operation of the area to meet production and scheduling requirements.
· Provide technical support – Coordinate training and technical documentation for Technicians.
· Troubleshoot equipment and process problems and provide continuous improvement solutions through approved project work.
· Assist in managing and tracking machine maintenance and PM’s, parts procurement and capital projects as required to meet department goals.
· Complete projects as assigned by Engineering Manager.
· Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
· Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
· Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred. The successful candidate will have a key leadership role in a high growth, high volume, fast-paced environment. The individual must be results driven, “hands-on” with 3-5 years solid experience in the installation and programming of the Allen Bradley and Siemens families of PLC’s, and Fanuc robots. Must be able to implement a comprehensive growth plan for automation within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year