Assist with the oversight, development, and implementation of business development programs for special events at the Olympic Training Centers in Colorado Springs and Lake Placid as needed. Collaborate with the account management team, marketing and utilize USOC resources to activate new sales. This position takes lead roles in the majority of on-sight event management for revenue events and programs that are contracted by OTCBD team. NOTE: This position will be hired through the Adecco staffing agency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage majority of OTCBD event operations and logistics; coordinate and manage cross-organizational support for the events, work with specific departments on budget development and management.
- Maintain regular communication with various departments at CSOTC (and Lake Placid as needed) to inform contacts on upcoming events, meetings, games hospitality programming, NGB activities, USOC general schedule, etc. Assist OTC leaders with the logistics of their Olympic-related announcements, programs or special events as they relate to event and room accommodation sales.
- Assist with the management of USOC Hospitality Sales operations for the OTC in Colorado Springs, applicable budget line items as it relates to the caterer; manage contract process, develop menus and price points, daily reporting on VIK usage and budget status for food and beverage.
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting room equipment including preparing equipment budget, overseeing purchases, monitoring maintenance, inspecting for safety, monitoring set-ups and tear down of equipment, requesting transportation for equipment as needed and monitoring storage areas used for equipment.
- Manage all services and develop budgets per client’s request based on program (Board meeting, sales meeting, fantasy camp, product launch, etc.) hotel reservations, flights (if applicable), catering, ground transportation, tours of the OTCs, entertainment, athlete and/or coach involvement/demonstrations, restaurant reservations, themed events, gifts, protocol and meeting space.
- Develop strategies to promote merchandise sales at on-site events at CSOTC.
- Oversee financial reporting and contract system, best practice sharing, and appropriate business controls. Manage the contract and sales database.
- Facilitate meetings, tours, athlete demonstrations, catering and transportation for the activities of all divisions at the USOC as they related to events and room accommodation sales.
Business Development / Sales
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Assist with the development of marketplace overview and business development strategy including sizing of opportunities. Create an overall business strategy and account plan. Create sales strategy and achieve annual benchmarks.
- Work cross departmentally to identify and develop new ideas and assets that meet both corporate partner goals and USOC objectives.
- Drive investment and activation support for key USOC and NGB initiatives to fulfill USOC goals in concert with corporate partner needs.
- Assist with the development, execution, and tracking effectiveness of marketing programs that the USOC implements with each of their strategic partners.
- Work with the NGBs to develop world class on-site events at CSOTC.
- Prepare briefs for Chief of Sport Operations and cross-departmental teams on the business strategies and performance of OTC hospitality and event sales.
- Work with the USOCs media planning group to develop advertising plans to support relationships.
- Help to grow the Meetings Planning/Hospitality area by taking a proactive approach to identifying new services available to our clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or related field
2 or more years of direct experience in sports business or related sales and marketing environment leading revenue generating programs
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Written, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook
- An energetic self-starter with strong results-orientation and the ability to work effectively in a diverse and high-matrix environment
- Leadership and management skills in addition to the ability to work in both a strategic as well as tactical mode. Clear ability to organize and lead cross functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and skills and cross-functional skills, excellent analytical/conceptual abilities, and a capacity for creativity/innovation.
- Self-directed/self-starter with ability to manage time and prioritize initiatives and activities
- Ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences (colleagues, business partners, collaborators, customers, and senior members of the organization)
- Results-oriented team player who proactively communicates with other business partners and stakeholders within other organization to drive results
- Office and medical clinic environments; athletic competition environment.
- Must be able to travel
To apply, send cover letter, resume and references to Cole McKeel, Mgr., Sport Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.