Job and Context
The Corporate Finance team (including Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Sector Banking (SB) or coverage banking) teams in New York are responsible for originating and executing ideas related to transactions for Rabobank’s client base globally, with a focus on the Americas and cross-border transactions.
Context of Job:
Marketing and Origination
The Analyst works closely with senior members of the team in support of its origination and execution activities. The Analyst will assume lead responsibility for financial modeling, preparation of presentations, research and certain administrative functions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The execution role includes:
- Supporting the senior team members in the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting.
- Preparation of financial models, projections, and merger analyses
- Preparation of marketing presentations
- Other financial analysis including the financial capacity of potential acquirers or competitors for an asset
- Analyzing transaction and trading comparables of companies in similar sectors and current market valuation trends
- Organizing due diligence information that is used by potential acquirers in their review of potential transactions
Both on the marketing and the execution side, our analysts are involved in a number of activities in support of the Managing Directors and other senior members of the group.
Microsoft office proficiency, basic financial accounting, strong research skills, attention to detail/work ethic.
Senior bankers within the Group, Relationship Managers, Food & Agri Research and other product areas.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Working together
- Work together, discuss and consult with senior team members about projects/ ideas and situations
- Take initiative in finding new and more efficient ways to work (both on the execution and origination side of things)
- Sector responsibility
- Support team members in the sector coverage responsibilities including ensuring that databases and credentials are maintained and updated
- Provide assistance in developing industry and sector knowledge
- Support Associates, VP's and senior team members in the preparation of marketing materials and pitches and be very diligent about quality control and attention to detail
- Take initiative for identifying M&A ideas
- Develop and master analytical skills with a focus on valuation / modeling skills
- Take lead in the day to day aspects of modeling / valuation / trading and transaction comps and other analytical skills that are the cornerstone of M&A work
- Participate and contribute to preparation of marketing materials and pitches with accuracy and attention to detail
- Team Development
- Contribute to team building efforts
- Be visible at team gatherings and show initiative
- Take an active role in coaching and training interns
- Adhere to compliance regulations (100% compliance)
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer Focus
- Synergise across group
- Output/ results driven
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
(Skill and knowledge development within the role. Opportunities for future career development)
- Client facing skills
- Technical skills
- Product knowledge
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in finance or related studies
- Strong undergraduate record
- 1 to 2 years Investment Banking Experience