Kansas City Chiefs
Job Location : Kansas City, MO, USA
Posted on : Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:55:59 GMT
Job Description :
Position Profile: Manager, Partnership Sales
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Business Development
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the sale and relationship development of Corporate Partnerships for the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club. Negotiate and sell in a team sales environment. Execute sales prospecting process to grow new business for the club.
1. Pursue and develop relationships with potential partners that result in new, multi-year partnerships for the Kansas City Chiefs.
2. Cultivate relationships with new prospects through in-depth industry analysis and market research.
3. Negotiate partnership contracts on behalf of the Kansas City Chiefs, including provisions related to activation, advertising, appearances, community relations, tickets, hospitality, etc.
4. Develop partnership collateral focused on a potential partner’s business, clearly establishing the understanding of the goals and objectives of the company with whom business is being pitched.
5. Work with the Partnership Service & Activation Staff to grow and extend current relationships with current partners, as appropriate, by providing added value and substantive assets to bolster current strategy.
6. Oversee seamless transfer of the executed partnership programs to the Partnership Service & Activation staff ensure Kansas City Chiefs’ compliance with contractual obligations.
7. Host new and potential partners, as well as partners who appear to be prime prospects for significant growth or who are up for renewal at games and events in order to build and develop key relationships.
8. Contribute to the ideation around key platforms that could be established to provide a potentially impactful sales proposition.
1. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
2. Oral Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
3. Written Communications - Writes clearly and informatively.
4. Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
5. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
6. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
7. Motivation - Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
1. Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. Four (4) year college degree.
2. Eight (8) years sales experience; at least four (4) years’ experience leading projects and/or sales efforts.
3. Ability to leverage existing relationships with Sports, Digital and Advertising agencies.
4. Assertive, passionate, goal oriented and a strong work ethic.
5. Detail oriented.
6. Excellent time management and organizational.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Excellent computer skills -- proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online research.
9. Must possess the ability to coordinate multiple projects.