Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. Through a series of fascinating inventions, we will revolutionize two of the world's largest sectors: agriculture and logistics. Zume will provide an end-to-end, scalable platform to reduce the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes from Farm-to-Fork, we can feed the planet without ruining it.
We are looking for Corporate Strategy Associates who are highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about forming the strategy for this special firm. In this role, you will work closely with our leaders to develop, plan, and execute Zume's mission-critical initiatives. By joining the early stages of our hyper growth organization, you'll play an integral part in building the corporate strategy function and the direction of the organization as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Look ahead to future technological developments and changes in the marketplace and keep Zume well positioned to take advantage of both; identify new markets and sources of potential growth; recommend new approaches to maintain our competitive edge.
- Provide market and trend intelligence to drive business unit decisions
- Cultivate strong relationships with business unit partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
- Leverage data to champion strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Partner with business development on strategy for new customer engagements and customer onboarding
- Support C-Suite-level decision making and requests for information
Who You Are
- You have a history of unquestioned integrity.
- You have demonstrated marked excellence in previous endeavors. You can describe this excellence.
- You are proud to put extraordinary effort into your work and are extremely demanding of yourself.
- You effectively manage your time and work. You are self-motivated, you don't miss deadlines, and you have a high sense of responsibility and personal accountability.
- You are a proven self-starter with a bias to action.
- You can demonstrate where you have planned and completed complex tasks with minimal oversight; you do not need heavy oversight, and you never need prodding.
- You have strong communication & presentation skills: you're able to structure both verbal and written communications and engage an audience, and build trusting relationships, with senior executives in your own, and partner and prospect organizations.
- You thrive on working in highly capable, high passion and high speed teams. You are considered a empathetic and excellent teammate who can be relied on professionally at all times, yet you can maintain independent lines of thought.
- You thrive in a rapidly scaling startup environment. Rather than stress about ambiguity, you realize it is an opportunity to vision, to improve and to lead.
- You have a history working on strategic engagements. You understand strategy frameworks and how to integrate strategy into a business.
- You are forward thinking and leverage diverse sets of knowledge, insights and frameworks to form decisions.
- You are able to travel up to 20% of your time.
- 5-7 years in management consulting, private equity or tech strategy/ops function
- BA/BS degree in hard sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics or similar discipline; 1-3 years post MBA, MA, or other graduate degree preferred
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.