Summary Under supervision of the ADS Director and Program Manager, creates, plans, and implements programs and activities using Art Therapy and other creative arts therapy techniques such as dance/movement, music and drama to explore life issues and enhance quality of life for the ADS community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe the confidential nature of the Agency’s services and operations.
- Create, plan, and implement programs and activities for ADS Asher and Traditional clients using Art Therapy and additional creative therapeutic techniques; to enhance well-being, provide sensory stimulation, facilitate life review and new learning by engaging clients in experiential arts in group and individual settings
- Responsible for leading workshops and seminars on issues affecting clients, staff, volunteers and caregivers of the ADS community
- Educate CJE staff on arts based interventions in the older adult community
- Work cooperatively with CJE staff to deliver quality programs consistent with CJE’s strategic and marketing plans
- Consult and attend meetings with the Creative Arts Therapy staff within the Agency
- Work with the rest of Adult Day Service team to provide highest level of engagement in meaningful activities; create new approaches and opportunities to reach the broader community through the arts, in collaboration with ADS and other CJE sites and programs.
- Communicates with ADS staff regarding client concerns and responses to creative arts; communicates with ADS staff regarding all scheduling details related to performance of creative arts activities
- Manages budget for creative arts activities
- Supervises art therapy graduate level interns
- Light lifting of materials is required along with setup of materials
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree in Art Therapy or Expressive Arts Therapy from an accredited school
- 1 year experience working with older adults preferred
- Experience in office systems with specific skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Local travel is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must be a strategic thinker
- Must be resourceful and creative.
- Customer service orientation
No supervision offered if the candidate if looking for supervision for their ATR; but program workshops and seminar hours may be counted toward the licensure
Displays behavior that creates a customer service culture at CJE by understanding the needs of our clients and customers and demonstrating a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.
CJE Values - All staff should demonstrate the CJE Values in their behaviors and work practices.
- Respect—We recognize, honor and acknowledge the inherent value of each person for their wisdom, their culture, their background and their unique history.
- Advocacy—We encourage public policy which will benefit our clients by educating ourselves and the community. Furthermore, we give voice to our clients needs and facilitate a positive action on their behalf.
- Compassion—We treat everyone with caring, sensitivity, understanding, and supportive responsiveness.
- Innovation —We continue to advance our knowledge and strive to develop, evaluate and implement new and advanced programming and models of care to bring benefits to our clients, community and broader older adult/health care environment.
- Intention—We approach our work and each task with mindful consideration as to what we are doing and why we are doing it, as individuals and as an agency.
- Accountability—We are responsible individually and as an Agency for honest, accurate work and interaction with others. We plan strategically and provide measurable quality care with clear fiscal and ethical responsibility.
This position has responsibility for HIPAA compliance in the execution of duties as well as for assuring that subordinate department members are HIPAA trained and compliant.
Exposure to bloodborn pathogens is not likely in this position
Job Type: Full-time