H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 380 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $23 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts and outstanding service. Our Digital Marketing team includes Partners who use their creativity and passion for excellent communication to drive loyalty and sales by promoting products and services our customers want and need.
As a Digital Editor, you'll create fresh and eye-catching content that solves a customer need and breaks through the digital noise. Content may include web pages, video, email, social media posts, display ads, or new and innovative digital concepts in partnership with digital designers.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... excellent relationship-building skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... willing to take on difficult challenges / find creative solutions?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... able to roll with the punches? think on your feet? learn quickly?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree; 3 years of experience
- someone with a passion for creation, digital marketing, and managing projects
- working knowledge of Social Platforms, SEO strategies, CMS, and HTML
What is the work?
Communications / Design & Development:
- Writes / edits content for digital marketing campaigns, including websites, emails, social media, display banners, streaming radio, video scripts, etc.
- Generates ideas for photos, videos, and other digital assets
- Manages creative concepts from ideas to reality
- Monitors H-E-B's social media presence, sifts for insights and trends and creates actionable ideas from what customers are saying online
- Community management as needed of H-E-B Special Business Unit Social Accounts (Blooms, Restaurants, etc.)
- Reviews / approves submitted content for accuracy, completeness, and correctness
- Establishes / ensures consistent voice and grammatical standards for each brand and campaign (e.g., H-E-B, Primo Picks)
- Works with H-E-B Partners and business units to proactively solicit details needed to create content that delivers on business goals; translates concepts and strategies into engaging copy that conveys brand tone and encourages customers to take desired actions
- Builds / maintains content management strategy and workflow; creates content using some HTML within content management systems
- Partners with designers, account managers, and business units to maximize message impact through design and marketing concepts
- Analyzes website, email, media metrics for content effectiveness; adjusts content to improve on business goals
- Maintains knowledge of social / digital platforms through insights, immersion, and regular interaction to create customer-first and channel-tailored content
- Ensures continuous digital innovation aimed at establishing H-E-B as a leader in digital marketing
- Monitors competitive initiatives; stays current on digital marketing innovations; identifies new opportunities for H-E-B
- Adheres to stringent deadlines to ensure smooth flow of content projects through the department and allow for special projects, pre-work, and rush assignments
- Distributes work to / oversees third-party vendors / agencies
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, digital marketing or related field, or comparable experience
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, editing, journalism, or related work
- Experience in advertising and / or brand copywriting
- Experience in search optimization strategies, content management systems (CMS), and HTML
Do you have what it
takes to be a fit as a Digital Editor at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization strategies, content management systems (CMS), and HTML
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong verbal / written business communication skills
- Intermediate PC skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks / projects
- Ability to interact with customers and clearly present concepts
- Ability to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership, drive, and urgency
- Ability to evaluate and concept digital marketing solutions in the evolving landscape of digital media, including social, mobile, video, etc.
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or plane with overnight stays
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Work extended hours