Job Location : Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
In the Health Care revenue cycle, have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the quality assurance, reliability and integrity of the departments’ revenue cycle processes, policies and systems. Directs programs and services ensuring the needs of the internal departments and payers are satisfied. As a member of the Executive leadership team, act as the departments’ quality management system resource, participate in establishing its’ strategic direction, operational goals and budget. Utilizes knowledge of Federal Health Care Regulations and Guidelines.Responsibilities
1. Support the University’s goals and objectives, to continuously improve the accuracy of the revenue cycle by refining clinical documentation, conducting quality reviews and education of providers and internal staff.
2. Ensure the University receives incentive payments and avoids penalties through appropriate attestation and submission of documentation necessary to meet regulatory requirements. Provide support and education to achieve goals.
3. Impact Clinical Decision goals increasing revenue and/or decreasing write-offs. Routinely work with the departments’ internal teams to analyze customer complaints, concerns, and suggestions; Provides appropriate follow through to ensure successful completion of projects and goals and quality service.
4. Identify opportunities or problems, process improvements, and other system changes that will enhance the revenue cycle metrics. Based on the outcomes, suggest provider and /or coder training. Devise, implement and administer new department projects.
5. Partner with multiple stakeholders to audit (evaluate program effectiveness based on metrics), establish and/or revise quality and reliability standards and processes to ensure the accuracy of the revenue cycle is maintained and customer needs are met.
6. Through on-going performance evaluations, develop, coach and mentor unit management and staff in competencies that enhance the presentation of educational programs and builds collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
7. Routinely works with Senior Leadership throughout the University, leads integrated teams and participates on Board level and other committees.
8. Lead with the highest level of integrity, especially when faced with difficult situations. Model the behaviors of accountability and commitment by owning and resolving problems with a sense of urgency. Work collaboratively and communicate clearly with and across teams to influence and accomplish the work
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, clinical field, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required.
Completion of hospital provided supervisory training within one year of employment may also be required.
Masters degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related Area preferred.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.Preferences