Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visitwww.refinery29.com/en-us ( http://www.refinery29.com/ ), www.refinery29.com/en-ca ( http://www.refinery29.com/en-ca ), www.refinery29.uk ( http://www.refinery29.uk/ ) andwww.refinery29.de ( http://www.refinery29.de/ ) for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
About This Role:
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
The Editorial Associate will support Refinery29's Editor-in-Chief by managing the day-to-day and long-term operations, handling administrative tasks, and activities, completing monthly expense reports, organizing events, and overseeing special projects. This is a prime opportunity for a smart, highly driven individual with excellent initiative to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience in a fast-paced and creative environment. The Editorial Associate is a forward-thinking visionary who is able to think about the Refinery29 business as it relates to the Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Department in its entirety.
What You'll Do:
What You Have:
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants and R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily and long-term requests are addressed
- Proactively manage both personal and professional calendars
- Manage meeting logistics including booking rooms, creating and preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, and welcoming external guests
- Project management and special projects with a focus on keynote deck creation
- Manage and submit monthly expense reports
- Coordinate international and domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates and reservations, car services, and international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences
- Conceive and organize internal events including happy hours, dinners, off-site meetings, and retreats
- Oversee all press opportunities and needs
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, conducting research
- Manage and update bio and professional photo for external meetings and boards
To be successful here you are:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Strong attention to detail and follow up abilities
- Must be a highly organized and solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture and pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgment and discretion
- Well versed in social media platforms and merging technologies
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote (must have!), Google Calendar, Instagram, Twitter, FB Live, and Snapchat
- Comfortable and energized working in a fast-paced, high volume operation
- Collaborative and open to feedback in pursuit of constantly pushing content to new heights
- Ready to adapt with an ever-changing environment and industry
- Must include a cover letter ( Tell us WHY you rock, Who are you? What drives you to make a difference?)
- Your resume says it all, but feel free to tag your social media , send us a video - Great creative!