LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion
is currently seeking candidates for the position of Employer Relations & Recruiting Coordinator.
Founded in 1939, LIM College educates students for success in the global business of fashion and its many related industries. As a pioneer in experiential education, LIM fosters a unique connection between real-world experience and academic study in business principles, offering master’s, bachelor’s and associate degree programs in a variety of fashion-focused majors. Located in the heart of New York City — the nation’s fashion and business capital — LIM provides students with innumerable opportunities for firsthand experience and professional development.POSITION PURPOSE
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Employer Relations & Operations, the Employer Relations & Recruiting Coordinator supports all employer-related initiatives. These include and are not limited to benchmarking other employer management programs for best practices, sourcing and developing new leads to support all degree programs and concentrations, researching, developing, and implementing new and necessary platforms within the career management system, Symplicity or other CRM systems, to both maintain and expand upon needs of the Department of Experiential Education & Career Management (EECM) and working with Assistant Director of Employer Relations & Operations on report generation and data analysis.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintains integration of multi-platforms within the career management system, Symplicity, to ensure departmental efficiency between both EECM employer management, experiential education, and career coaching as well as with other departments. Determine new routes of exploration for cultivating employer relationships to support new programs and optimize opportunities for both on ground and online constituents.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director for Employer Relations & Operations to help employers simplify and maximize their recruitment efforts by:
- Consulting with prospective and current industry partners/organizations to best understand their immediate and future hiring needs;
- Developing targeted recruitment strategies designed to access LIM talent, including on-campus or virtual recruiting; career fairs; a job/internship listings and promotional job/internship blasts; and connecting with student clubs and organizations;
- Providing a variety of effective promotional resources;
- Identifying opportunities to provide training and consultation on internship program development and other topics.
- Routinely build relationships with employers and alumni interested in engaging in career programs and activities for all students and alumni.
- Support alumni outreach and engaging alumni for volunteer programs such as mentoring and networking as well as recruitment programs which focus on hiring student interns and post graduate employment opportunities.
- Facilitates booking of guest speakers for experiential education classes as needed.
- Coordinates employer site visits, showroom tours, field trips, etc. to support all career education programming for all students (UG & GR) and alumni.
- Manages logistics and related support for strategic employer recruiting events and programs, including new initiatives and partnerships as well as on-going departmental events, employer strategy sessions, and information sessions.
- Assists in generating management reports concerning employer recruiting and related activities and events.
- Supports and oversees career event initiatives with employers and students, coordinating and educating the career coaching team on best practices and relative information as needed.
- Manage all signature employer events including volunteer opportunities, the Retail Run, annual fall and spring Career Fairs, virtual Fairs, and the Dream Dinner.
- Continually analyzes and improves upon processes for approving internships, posting employment, the mentorship program, and other processes as needed.
- Identify and maintain communication channels to all students and alumni to promote employer recruiting opportunities.
- Participates in college wide events and serve in absence of the Assistant Director of Employer Relations & Operations, as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of effective job search and career development strategies strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with campus recruiting, talent acquisition and event management strongly preferred.
- Three plus years' experience in career services, experiential education, college relations and recruiting, human resources or related areas with strong preference for fashion or related business experience.
- Familiarity and high degree of comfort with systems and computer applications including database management, i.e. Excel and MS Office.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication, analytical, marketing/sales, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask easily and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups.
- Impeccable interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills.