We are hiring an entry level legal assistant/legal secretary at a law firm based in Houston, Texas. The candidate will have the opportunity to pursue a Certificate in Paralegal Studies through paid Paralegal training at a local community college after 9 months of employment. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, excellent computer skills, time management skills, proficient typing skills, and must pay attention to detail.
Duties will include:
- Answering phones;
- Traditional administrative support: copying, filing, mailing, organizing, ordering office supplies, preparing invoices for payment, and preparing conference room for depositions;
- Completing intakes for potential new clients, including telephone, email, and in person interviews and collation of relevant documents;
- Case support that involves working one-on-one with clients and attorneys;
- Must be able to handle strict assignment deadlines with organization and a level mind;
- Must be able to work unsupervised;
- Occasional out-of-office activity such as running errands; and
- Additional duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Comfortable using fax and copy machines
- Ability speak well and professionally on the phone with potential clients, clients, attorneys, or any third-party
- Ability to type 50 wpm or more
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)