Supports the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Southwest Fisheries Science Center (SWFSC) in La Jolla, CA as they continue to work to integrate the Federal Data Maturity Model. Will work closely with government personnel and other partners to document our business processes surrounding the collecting, processing, management, analysis and visualization of data. Specific job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Gather and document SWFSC current data management practices including all business processes (e.g. collecting, processing, management, analysis and visualization of data, publishing, and archiving)
- Provide support to fulfill the goal of managing data to facilitate the science mandates (i.e. Stock Assessments) of our Center and to serve data to our constituents — to establish Center wide data management practices, standards, and policies.
- Coordinate effort for the entire Center, horizontally across divisions and programs as well as vertically link to national/Federal data maturity model and data management requirements.
- Assess and support technology improvements/selection/direction and that being used for our data management operations.
- Implement technologies and provide system/user documentation as well as user training to support ongoing data governance
- Two years of experience directly related to the position.
- Must have experience:
- Communicating technical information both orally and in writing, coordinating meetings
- Working with the life cycle of data
- Excellent communication and Writing Skills
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
- Education: BS in Information Science, or a related/equivalent discipline