Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
THIS IS A PART-TIME, AS-NEEDED HOURLY POSITION
- Ability to at lift 50 lbs. Truck loading/unloading and moving heavy pallets is involved
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings
- Be comfortable with operating large vehicles in heavily populated and high trafficked areas
When your passion for helping us end world hunger meets our needs to accomplish that mission you might consider joining our team as a part-time as-needed Event Support Specialist! The Event Support Specialist help our staff in a variety of capacities related to our volunteer meal packaging events. Support activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating meal packaging events in the community and surrounding areas. Running meal packaging events from start to finish; including set-up of assembly line, conducting an educational presentation, training the volunteers, facilitating meal packaging, breaking down assembly line and reloading and returning the truck with equipment and completed meals.
- Event preparation and breakdown which could include activities such as packing and staging ingredient and equipment, washing bins and packaging equipment, stack boxes for finished transportation, lot label printing, and/or helping us upkeep our warehouse spaces.
- Administrative and outreach support. This could include ensuring that our materials for each event are prepared as well as uploading documentation on return from the event. This could also include coordination with event hosts and follow-up.
- Manage large groups of volunteers of all ages/cultures/abilities, delegate tasks to groups, adjust groups to maximize efficiency, and use independent judgment to make necessary adjustments and respond to challenges.
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record with a minimum of 7 consecutive years
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups for facilitation
- Ability to work in different environments including non-climate controlled warehouse
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER ON OUR WEBSITE