Job Location : San Francisco, CA, USA
The Presidio Trust is actively seeking a resourceful,mission-driven and highly-skilled Executive Assistants to join our Legal team.Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of nationalpark. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, it is a naturaloasis for wildlife, plants and people, and offers iconic views known around theworld. In its second decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of thisexceptional place continues grow.
The Executive Assistant to the GeneralCounsel, provides overall administrative support to the executive and thedepartment staff. This includes but is not limited to overall administrativefunctioning of the office, telephone coverage, calendar management,correspondence preparation, and managing the invoicing and purchasing ofservices and supplies. It also includes high touch customer service andprofessional communications as a key to this role, along with the ability tohandle highly confidential information. Qualified candidates must also possess the ability to locate, understandand analyze the federal laws (including the Presidio Trust Act), regulations,protocols and policies that apply to the day-to-day functioning of thePresidio.
Applicationsreceived by September 30, 2019 will receive first consideration.
· AdviseExecutive on practical and technical aspects of office administration relatedto budgeting, purchasing, supply management, human resources administration,and files management. This may include performing staff support work in each ofthese areas.
· Manageand coordinate internal and external partnerships, communications and meetingson behalf of the Executive. This may include officials of State or localgovernments, or community leaders and partner organizations.
· Trackfinancial, supply, and other administrative transactions as the documentationflows through the office in both electronic form and on paper.
· Collectdata for the office operating budget, review submissions of office staff forproper format and compliance with Trust requirements; set up controls tomonitor expenses; and recommend budget adjustments including restructuringbudget allocations or work plans to deal with changing situations.
· Maintainand transfer funds between several unrelated fund accounts that are subject todifferent regulations and procedures.
· Updateoffice supply sources catalogues.
· ProcessVisa purchase requests and purchase requests through Oracle for the full rangeof office services and/or supplies utilized by the organization served.
· Completerequests for personnel actions, distribute forms and instructions for annualperformance ratings, and ensure timely, proper completion.
· Conductorientation sessions for new employees to familiarize them with the officeadministrative policies and operations.
· Maintainand revise the office filing system.
· Collectprogram information from technical specialists, enter it into electronic ormanual information systems, retrieve information from a variety of automatedand manual systems; assist department employees to use the systems.
· Createand maintain database and spreadsheet files.
· Screenand assemble specifically identified records and files for storage or disposalin accordance with established records control schedules.
· Answerand screen incoming calls for the Executive and respond independently whenpossible.
· Managethe Executive’s calendar and coordinate appointments and meetings as necessary;meetings frequently include one or more senior executives.
· Prepareagendas, reserves conference rooms, and record and transcribe minutes ofmeetings as directed.
· Keepabreast of issues and projects within the department.
· Researchand assemble information for the use of the executive in various meetings andbriefings of executive management team and, as required, the Board ofDirectors.
· Arrangeand coordinate travel schedules and reservations as needed, including advisingtravelers of most advantageous routing, issuing transportation requests,securing reservations and tickets, computing and verifying transportation,mileage, and subsistence costs.
· CompleteTravel Authorizations, Travel Questionnaires, and Travel Vouchers for employeeswithin area of responsibility, review travel vouchers for completeness,accuracy, agreement with itinerary, and compliance with regulations andprocedures.
· Routeincoming mail to all appropriate parties; prepare outgoing mail andcorrespondence, including e-mail and faxes.
· Compose,edit, and type both routine and complex correspondence and/or other documents,both confidential and non-confidential.
· Actas liaison between on behalf of executive and department with (such as)Procurement, Accounting, Planning, Real Estate, Human Resources, andothers.
· Serveas timekeeper and process timesheets for assigned employees on a bi-weeklybasis, and act as liaison between employees and Human Resources regardingtimekeeping questions and issues; serve as back-up timekeeper as designated.
· Studydepartment reports and forms to determine the source and methods used toaccumulate report data, whether the applicable reporting procedures are beingfollowed, and whether reports provide clear and concise information. Recommendconsolidation or elimination of reports involving similar organizations,purposes, use, and reporting frequency, insuring that requirements set byhigher Trust management are complied with.
· Coordinatewith the Executive Office on Board of Directors-related items and requirements;may participate in collating packets for scheduled Board meetings.
· Three(3) years’ experience as an executive-level assistant in a corporate setting,OR
· AssociateDegree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
· Stronginterpersonal and organizational skills, work ethic, and commitment toproviding excellent customer service, while establishing and maintainingeffective working relationships.
· Abilityto think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail/deadlines, and work wellunder pressure.
· Self-motivatedto manage multiple projects simultaneously, excellent problem-solving skills,and ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
· Abilityto anticipate, triage, and resolve practical problems consideringinterrelationships between organizations, people, and current issues.
· Proficientwith accounting principles and computer skills including Microsoft Office Word,Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Oracle and QuickTime.
· Confident,and enthusiastic demeanor with passion for and desire to work for the PresidioTrust.
· General knowledge of design and/or construction terms
About the Presidio Trust Legal Team
Our Legal Team is a diverse group of professionals. Aspart of a one-of-a-kind organization, the team brings together innovativeprivate sector strategies while following federal laws and regulations(including unique Presidio Trust Act authorities) as well as external andinternal protocols, policies and procedures. The Legal Team performs this workto provide best-in-class legal services to support the Presidio Trust'smission, strategic business and environmental goals, ethical obligations andoperational excellence. We are also anessential part of ensuring that the park is fiscally self-sufficient model of stewardshipin the national park system that is open to all visitors and loved by all.
This position requires thecompletion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450,Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into theposition and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosuresystem is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between officialduties and private financial interests or affiliations.
ThePresidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitivebenefits package. To apply call (415)561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, ORdownload the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail theapplication to Employee Support Services, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, SanFrancisco, CA 94129-0052.
Job Type: Full-time
Company's Facebook page: