AKIRA is looking for a fashion-forward, super intelligent, data-savvy, and highly motivated Fashion Merchandising Assistant, to serve as operational support to our team of Buyers. This role will be responsible for assisting buyers with order entry, management of the buying process, and keeping organized and detailed records and communication. The right person will gain incredible access and understanding of fast fashion inventory operations. This is a position with significant growth potential for the right person.
- Complete order entry and management
- Ensure orders are confirmed
- Manage product flow, inbound and outbound to brick-and-mortar locations
- Accurately tag trend and product detail
- Working with vendors and the PO team to manage discrepancies and obtain shipping updates
- Correspond in a timely and professional manner
- Complete ad-hoc tasks, as directed by buyers
This position is based in Chicago.
- You must be highly analytical and data-driven. You must be able to take a spreadsheet of data on Excel and analyze it in a meaningful and impactful way.
- You must be highly motivated and driven to succeed. We want you to take ownership of your duties.
- You continually follow up until you get all the answers.
- You have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or will be doing so within the next 3 months.
- You are open to a variety of tasks.
- You are emotionally mature and can work unsupervised. You ask good questions. You can be trusted with confidential information.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You are a collaborative and hard-working problem solver, who leads by example.
- Fifteen years ago, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 27 stores across 4 states, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
- AKIRA offers incentive compensation, competitive benefits, and we are committed to encouraging internal development and providing significant career enrichment opportunities. Most importantly, what has propelled AKIRA’s growth and success over the years has been the dynamic culture within the company - if you’re filled with passion, have a strong desire to get things done, and if you want to go to a place where you know your work matters and where you can implement your ideas and decisions, then AKIRA just might be the place for you.
Job Type: Full-time