Job Location : New York, NY, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
Painter working in downtown Manhattan seeks a tech-savvy, organized and motivated artist's assistant.
This is a long-term multi-skilled hands-on job where excellent problem solving skills are required in a variety of fields. The job overlaps helping the manager of the studio, doing misc. graphic design and office work, art handling and materials preparation, some personal assisting, and many other varied projects.
The most important skill needed for this job is the ability to learn quickly figure out how to accomplish any task required. Regardless of prior experience, the ideal candidate will be able to do research and figure out how to accomplish any task required quickly and efficiently without supervision.
Ideal for a Mac and gadget 'nerd' with organizational skills and visual and mechanical aptitude. Artists, recent graduates who are settled in NYC, particularly sculptors, and painters, are encouraged to apply.
* Ability to take responsibility for tasks independently without disturbing the artist at work.
* Must be extremely organized and self-motivated.
* Must have skills in iOs, OS/X, Local Mac Networking, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Digital Imaging.
-Highly valued is knowledge of Web Design, Lightroom, SketchUp, FileMaker, Routers and Networks.
* A background in painting / photography / sculpture / design is desired.
* An excellent eye for color, will be responsible for printing accurately on a large format Epson printer.
* Proper English usage, excellent oral communication, writing, and editing skills.
* Detail-oriented, discrete, punctual, reliable.
* Facility with math, electronics, design, basic construction, power tools, and hands-on fabrication (handiness with a tape measure is essential).
* It is extremely important that the candidate exercises the utmost personal discretion in all work related matters.
* A valid passport or work visa.
* Maintaining the artwork database, images and recent press on the artist's website.
* Keeping the office computer and other macs in the studio organized and updated.
* Coordinating with the gallery regarding deadlines, shipping, press, and publications.
* Maintaining and purchasing electronics, tools, office and studio supplies.
* Organizing the studio and storage space, the ability to logically group, categorize, organize and label is absolutely essential.
* Will be working with helping the artist and coordinating with printer for publications, catalogues, and ads in Adobe InDesign.
* Maintaining and organizing calendars and contacts.
* Coordinating with contractors and assisting as needed in occasional remodeling projects in the studio.
* Light bookkeeping, running errands, personal assisting, art handling.
* Extensive internet research.
The job will begin with a paid trial period to determine capacity and compatibility in the studio environment.
Starting salary will be based on experience.
Must be willing to commit to long term employment.
Please submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and references to
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Location : New York, NY
Art majors, non-art majors, studio artists, students from the Electronic Design Multimedia (EDM) program, Art Education majors, Art History majors and students...
Job Location : Wayne, NJ 07470
The foundation program prepares both the Bachelor of Art and Bachelor of Fine Art students through skill and aesthetic development in five core areas:....