Loudoun County Government
Job Location :
Leesburg, VA, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
Posted on : Fri, 25 Jan 2019 16:19:52 GMT
Job Description :
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking to fill a full-time clinical position to provide release planning and re-entry services, including community networking, case management, and group treatment for incarcerated adults with serious mental illness at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Coordinates and collaborates with State Hospital Facilities regarding forensic admissions and discharges, and work as part of a jail-based multi-disciplinary team to include medical staff, correctional staff and other service providers.
- Maintain all clinical records and documentation according to Federal, State and Agency policies and procedures.
- Must be highly knowledgeable and skilled in both mental health diagnoses, co-occurring disorders and crisis intervention.
- Must possess strong organizational skills; and demonstrate the ability to function effectively as a Clinical Team member in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment requiring various clinical priorities.
- Work schedule will include Monday-Friday that includes one evening per week.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy
Minimum of 3 years related experience in the provision of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Prefer Master’s degree, VA clinical licensure (LCSW, LPC, etc.) or license eligible and experience working with an inmate population in a correctional setting.
- Prefer related experience in correctional mental health field and knowledge about Virginia criminal justice system.
- Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
- Employment is contingent upon criminal background check, driving record check, and TB test.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development