Position Summary – Make a Difference. Join Visa’s newly formed, cutting edge Risk Operations Center (ROC). The ROC is a critical priority of executive leadership and focuses on the fast identification and mitigation of high impact fraud attempts in the global payment ecosystem. This team will operate 24/7 working 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, shifts. The schedule will be 4 days on, 4 days off (10 hour shifts).
The Risk Operations Analyst is a high visibility and demanding role, responsible for the detection and disruption of fraud events identified by the Risk Operations Center- a key component of Global Risk's Payment Fraud Disruption organization. This position is responsible for identification and mitigation of any payments based attack affecting Visa’s clients or brand. Payment Fraud Disruption is a fast-paced team of technology experts who identify, investigate, disrupt, and prevent attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. This position will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, alert development, incident review, escalation, and documentation of alerts. This position reports to the Senior Director of the Risk Operations Center.
Note: This position requires shift work.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Perform analytics of complex data models to evaluate legitimacy of transactional logs
- The ability to support early identification of common points of purchase through intelligence and compromised payment card reporting, rapid response, triage and analysis of technical forensic investigation reports and ability to conduct cyber analysis of investigation reports.
- Analyze compromised payment card data from multiple reporting sources in order to identify compromised points of purchase
- Detail oriented problem solver - monitor and respond to a wide variety of proprietary Visa solutions used to identify potential fraud and risk based activity that may impact Visa and our clients
- Ensure incidents are escalated to the proper support teams for validation and mitigation based on the identification of possible threats
- Coordinate incident handling with regional Risk groups and take decisive action on events, alerts etc.
- Accurately assess impact of critical/major incidents
- Identify compromised merchants through varying forms of cyber intelligence and
- Server as a first responder for all of Visa fraud alerting platforms
- Capture key metrics for the Risk Operations Center to ensure goals related to these metrics are met.
- Create detailed reports on internal incident response measures of success
- Collaborate with the Visa teams and clients during fraud events to provide real time status and decision making
- Self-driven individual who can multitask and complete varying risk projects
- Collaborate with Payment Systems Intelligence to recognize and implement measures to identify and disrupt current fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders
- Provide technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to protect the payment ecosystem
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, system enhancements, and procedural changes
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payment fraud or cybersecurity e.g. cybercrime fraud and/or ethical hacking
- Flexibility to work in shifts, during weekends (including holidays), and extended hours as needed
- Proven experience collaborating in a team within a 24x7 Operations Center
- Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations
- Knowledge of transactions, systems processing transactions, and overall transaction process
- Understanding of networks, risk management, network security, and security operations
- Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
- Understanding of payments process, cybercrime, and fraud techniques
- Design reports with meaningful trends and fraud stats
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience required, graduate degree preferred
- Strong understanding of common TCP\IP protocols such as DNS, HTTP(S), FTP, etc.
- Familiarity with Data Loss Prevention and Anti-Virus technologies
- Strong understanding of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures, and their associated exploitation methodologies.
- Direct experience with VisaNet, ISO 8583, transaction routing, VCMS, Base I and Base II platforms
- Familiarity with intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
- Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence
- CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
This position requires shift work, which may include 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift schedules.