Job options are Full-Time, Part-Time or Contract.
We’re searching for a creator with the heart of an entrepreneurial, an eye for design, and the soul of a computer scientist. Full-Stack WordPress, PHP/MySQL/SEO Developer for our Woburn, MA office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small and highly productive team. We are an established and successful business, but we have not lost our entrepreneurial spirit and culture. Each of our team members has a high degree of autonomy, a broad range of responsibilities, and makes direct, valuable contributions to the business. We hire self-motivated professionals who know how to create value, and we work tirelessly to enable and support their success.
We operate a professional shop. Offering a supportive, collaborative environment, with superb work-life balance, to help you reach your full potential, and opportunities for career advancement. In return we expect talent, creativity, professionalism, and a strong drive to succeed. You will never be bored. We have no niche...every market is our market!
- The ability to manage your own web projects. Multitasking on different projects and scheduling tasks to ensure you stay on track. Communicating with the client and offering tech support to clients using our CMS built sites.
- Translating functional requirements into outstanding designs, focusing on workflows, wire-frames, responsive design, information architecture and user interactions
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Optimizing web related code for load speed and lower bandwidth usage
- Assuring all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Google Tag Manager and Schema markup experience
- Comfortable with PHP
WordPress: Knowing the in’s and out of WordPress is a requirement. Need to understand how to build a custom theme from scratch (with an opinion on your favorite starter theme). Need experience with choosing plugins and themes, deciding what works and what doesn’t. Need strong opinions on the best tools for the job as it related directly to WordPress. Need to know how to optimize a WordPress site for better performance and speed. Need to know how to leverage custom fields and structure those fields in a user-friendly way.
- 4+ years' experience web development
- Mobile Web Development
- Cross-Browser / Cross-Platform Development
- Version Control (Git / GitHub / CVS / Subversion)
- Experience with Data Formats (e.g. JSON, XML)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Ability to Integrate Designs/Cut-ups
- Conversant in SEO best practices
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Some experience programming on your own time (non-academic, non-professional) strongly preferred
- Mastery of one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Mastery of SQL fundamentals and relational database design concepts
- SEO Standards, XML Sitemap creation, Search Console, Google Developer & API’s
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- You pay excellent attention to detail
- You enjoy solving problems, both independently and collaboratively
- You're known for your integrity and professionalism
- You value work-life balance
- You enjoy strong camaraderie
- You enjoy working with people, training them on the easy-to-use websites you’ve built
- You take pride and ownership in your projects
TELECOMMUTERS Need Not Apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- PHP: 2 years (Required)
- WordPress: 2 years (Required)
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Full Time Opportunity: