HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations. We serve more than 37 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 70 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America.
This is a paid internship on HSBC’s Global Private Banking and Asset Management Internal Audit team. Our team is responsible for auditing Global Private Banking US including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals and Global Asset Management business covering sales and distribution, portfolio management and back off operations functions. We provide independent, objective assurance to management as to whether their risk management, control, and governance processes are adequate and functioning.
This is an opportunity to work on a top performing, global internal audit team while gaining valuable exposure to Global GPB & AMG. The internship will run for approximately 12 months with potential for an internship renewal or an offer for a full-time position after 12 months period, depending on performance. This position is located in New York, NY.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team throughout the audit process.
- Analyzing internal controls, processes, and financial data in order to contribute to audit workpapers and reports.
- Managing data in the audit database.
- Participating in meetings and calls with audit stakeholders.
- Ad hoc projects including preparing presentations, organizing team events, etc.