PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY AND SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
Responsible for the development, design, and production of comprehensive communication and graphic materials to promote and provide information about Miami Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS).
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Produces school district publications, including newsletters, reports, brochures, advertisements, posters, display panels, templates presentations, digital content, and other materials.
- Designs, produces, and delivers high-quality motion graphics optimized for multimedia, videos, social media and other communication vehicles.
- Assists in the creation or updating of graphic design guidelines to ensure continuity and uniformity.
- Assists in designing and creating storyboards and scripts.
- Provides artistic leadership in determining layout and design of materials.
- Photography and videography of events at various in and out-of-county locations that may require alternative work hours.
- Performs video and photo editing of digital files.
- Retouches, corrects, and color-grades video and photo content.
- Determines cost-effectiveness of production needs.
- Digitizes, organizes, and maintains collection of media for future utilization.
- Obtains, writes and verifies information used in marketing materials.
- Makes recommendations to management on the purchase of computer graphics equipment and software.
- Ensures all produced materials are correctly optimized for chosen dissemination (web, social media, large presentation screen).
- Selects, edits, and incorporates content (stills, footage, music, graphics, etc.) as needed.
- Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed indoors and outdoors and requires frequent in and out-of-county travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Fine Art, Graphic Art or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in graphic design and computer assisted graphics.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Extensive knowledge in software required for production, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.
- Candidate must provide portfolio of work for review during selection process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in oral and in written forms.
Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp Must use Internet Explorer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year.
If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Lourdes Rodriguez, Recruiter at 305.995.1136 or Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director, Administrative Staffing, at 305.995.7247.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,432.00 /year
- graphic design or computer asisted graphics: 2 years (Required)