Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
Job Location :
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
Posted on : Wed, 26 Dec 2018 09:14:31 GMT
Job Description :
- Location: Indianapolis
- Employee type: Full time
About the job:
- The graphic designer is responsible for creating visual concepts to communicate ideas and messages that inspire, inform and captivate. Working closely with a variety of internal clients from the Indiana State Museum and 11 state historic sites, the graphic designer takes a multitude of print and digital projects from the initial design through to production.
Day in the life:
- Creates, directs and coordinates the design of a wide range of marketing collateral for the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites.
- Works closely with the marketing and communication team to brainstorm, create and illustrate advertising and promotional concepts.
- Expert level understanding/use of the Adobe Creative Suite namely Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and others.
- Formulates creative concepts and executes effective design for print publications, promotional materials, advertisements and digital graphics that reflect the brand standards and style guidelines of the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites.
- Works closely with colleagues and outside vendors to fully understand project budgets, scope of work, deadlines, expectations and production processes.
- Interacts with the museum's ad agency, as needed.
- With strong attention to detail, reviews and approves various layouts before sharing with supervisor for final approval, or sending to printer
- Effectively prioritizes multiple projects in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Actively participates in weekly team meetings by contributing fresh and new ideas to benefit the overall success of the museum and historic sites' marketing and communication goals.
- Creates and maintains a production schedule to ensure timely delivery of various collateral.
- Well-versed and informed in graphic design's latest trends and tools.
- Works closely with a variety of print vendors to solicit quotes, share art files, approve proofs and keep all project schedules on track.
- Designs, prints and installs a variety of signage for both the museum and historic sites.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (Visual Communication, Graphic Design)
- At least four (4) years’ experience developing print and online marketing materials.
- Significant experience in both print and web/online design.
- Experience working on a broad range of marketing/communication projects.
- Superior and sophisticated graphic design skills.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Is able to present ideas and communicate information clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Maintains appropriate level of professionalism in communications with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respond positively to both giving and receiving critique.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Follows and supports museum and historic sites' brand standards and style guidelines.
- Effectively prioritizes multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Stays current with design trends that will serve the museum and historic sites' marketing and communication goals.
- Must have knowledge of and experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite apps.
- Must have the ability to learn and stay current with new software.
- Advertising/marketing experience extremely helpful.
- Experience designing in Macintosh and PC environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Apply online here and search for "graphic designer"
- OR send your resume and link to online profile to Julie Schaefer, vice president, marketing & communication, at Jschaefer1@indianamuseum.org