Comfort Suites in Fernley we are looking for a head housekeeper. Ensures the highest quality standards are met in clean, orderly, attractive, and properly stocked guestrooms and public areas while controlling amenity and linen supplies/quantities, labor, and hotel inspections. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Hires, trains and evaluates department personnel.
- Directs all activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments in furnishing daily service to guest rooms and public areas. Schedules duties, such as heavy cleaning, mattress rotations, etc.
- Prepares work schedules for staff based on projected occupancy.
- Inspects premises, guest rooms, linen rooms, and public areas to assure employees maintain the property’s superior standards of housekeeping.
- Maintains an inventory of guest and housekeeping supplies and linen, ordering replacement of supplies and equipment as needed.
- Creates a service environment focused on the guest, with a passion for high standards in cleanliness. Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions.
- Coordinates staff training, including MSDS, OSHA, and safety policies.
- Maintains lost and found.
- Performs room attendant duties, when required.
- Works with personnel as a team to ensure room completion by check in time
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Time management
- Follows protocol and company policy
- Documents incidents, absenteeism, formal requests etc. within a 24 hour period
- Uses company log book to log in maintenance issues, daily incidents, etc.
- Communicates effectively using radio’s and telephone on a daily basis
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience desired.
- Basic accounting, purchasing and inventory skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual a plus
Please send resume or apply at 800 mesa dr Fernley
Job Type: Full-time