This intern will work under the Northern California Executive Offices which overseeing cross functional teams: Continuum, Medi-Cal, Medicare, LMP, Resource Stewardship, E-Care, Community Health Projects, Pharmacy and Others
This internship will provide exposure to and understanding of healthcare industry, emerging technologies in the healthcare delivery and its impacts, regulations and community health needs.
Under supervision assists in the provision of information, maintenance of databases, report production and routine data analysis. Work is reviewed for completeness, accuracy and soundness.
- Examples of project support include: Collects, prepares and tracks reports and summaries such as: budget to actual expenditures, production statistics, and utilization of services and statistical records of performance.
- Performs a variety of data collection and analysis assignments.
- Prepares ad hoc data requests as directed.
- Prepares and/or formats graphs, spreadsheets and reports by utilizing office software.
- May be asked to maintain databases on a regular basis by entering data and preparing data extracts.
- May extract information from different sources to compile data.
- Executes existing queries for established reports.
- Schedules conference calls and meeting.
- Contributes to the development of presentations materials.
- Provides administrative and project support as assigned such as copying, filing, entering and extracting data.
- Engages in and supports project work.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university program, or recent graduate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - excel, word, access and powerpoint.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Prior office experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Access and database experience desirable.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon - Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 8:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:30 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Internship
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : Regional President's Operations Resource Support
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.