Photonis Defense, Inc. is a fully owned USA subsidiary of Photonis Technologies SAS, a French scientific and defense company. Photonis Defense, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is expanding in the Lancaster, PA area. At Photonis Defense our motto is “Reveal the Invisible, Save Lives, Protect the Protectors, and Expand the Human Frontier.” We operate world-wide providing advanced technologies in Night Vision equipment, specialized micro channel plates, Power Tubes for commercial, defense and research facilities, and vacuum electron devices for defense applications. Photonis equipment is on almost every space probe and space telescope launched within the past 30 years, and our equipment saves lives every day within our international defense community.
This position is an entry level Human Relations (HR) job involving administration of HR policies and procedures for Photonis Defense, Inc. Knowledge of French is not a requirement. The successful candidate will have an Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a major in human resources, public administration, personnel administration or industrial labor relations. Higher level degrees and/or no degree with substantial HR or work-study programs/experience will also be considered. The ideal Candidate will be cognizant of, be able to perform, have experience with, and/or be able to teach themselves to:
- Work with others in a team environment, under pressure with tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Develop and maintain an effective and compliant training program.
- Administer employee safety, wellness, and health programs.
- Assure compliance to all employee regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Be willing to travel as necessary within the USA and Europe.
- Be amenable to being available via cell or email at all times to senior management.
- Knowledgeable of State of PA Hiring and Firing processes.
- Knowledgeable with State of PA employee benefit programs and processes.
- Administrating human resources policies and procedures, and ensuring HR documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate policies, procedures and legal regulations by applying knowledge of company policy and Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Assist in the collection and dissemination of information through appropriate communication channels to plant employees on behalf of plant management.
- Develop, write and disseminate new policies and procedures as directed by the CEO.
- Prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies etc.
- Establish and maintain effective and supportive relationships with plant management and employees.
- Coordinate with plant management to identify, evaluate and resolve performance and conduct issues that arise with employees assigned to the plant.
- Assist with the on-boarding and in-processing for employees new to the plant and the off-boarding of employees exiting the plant.
- Collect data and prepare reports in accordance with HR measurement requirements.
- Collect and processes employee records and create employment records for each plant employee in accordance with corporate policy and legal guidance.
- Advising and assisting mangers in developing and planning organizational needs.
- Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess very strong administrative and organizational skills, to include filing and record keeping.
- Create benefits reporting, and other employee related analyses.
- Support executive staff members with HR related issues and questions.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR Certification, or willingness to obtain.
- Manage and updating the employee portal so that corporate information, plans and policies are up to date and accurate.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of an employee recognition program.
- Assist the Facility Security Officer in assigning security badges and updating computer files and records.
- Ability to negotiate, present thoughts/arguments, and close deals an added plus.
- Adept with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Technical and/or business background education is an added advantage; working with Union and non-Union employees will be favorably considered.
This position is available immediately at Photonis Defense Inc., and is a full-time, salaried position with benefits to include health, dental and eye care. A 401K plan is also available.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Lancaster, PA (Preferred)