This is an entry level position with opportunity to develop and grow your IT skills! Provides and maintains technical support for Daon’s staff and IT systems including workstations, servers, and network devices. This role will involve the responsibility for monitoring the corporate Helpdesk ticketing system and providing triage for support requests. Monitor status and performance of applications such as data backup, anti-virus, patch management, etc.
- Provide technical support to local and remote offices/users as applicable;
- Maintain network and workstation/ hardware and software;
- Help maintain corporate information security posture;
- IT consumable purchasing and inventory management: Negotiation, recommendation, costing and selection of new information system related products (hardware/software) with approval/support from your manager;
- Install, configure, and support the LANs, and Internet systems;Manage and monitor system backups for workstation, server and VMs;
- Maintain and create support documentation/procedures.
- First level support for all users inclusive of security and device problems including communications;
- Servers on site (Win7-10, Macintosh, Windows 2008-16 Server, and various Linux) general support may be required;
- VMware ESXi
- File, Print, Internet Access and Email support, Microsoft Office Support (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.);
- Configuration and monitoring of network storage;
- Active Directory management including DNS, DHCP, Print Server and GPO;
- Responsible for laptops/mobile devices and any future technological device support and security;
- Telecoms (mobile and desk phones) and videoconference support and vendor management;
- Maintain Reston network access & availability including wireless access;
- Hardware asset lifecycle management to include Asset Disposition and secure handling of hard drives;
- Track software compliance;
- Support on-board/off-board process for all IT and telecom requirements of Daon staff.
- Participate in after hours and weekend on call rotation;
- Other duties may be assigned as the role and business develops;
- This position requires the individual to be flexible in their approach to work and will require the individual to work outside of normal office hours from time to time for planned/unplanned system upgrades/fixes.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or similar is required;
- Prior IT support or internship experience is considered a plus.
- Be reliable, responsive, timely and courteous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality;
- Proven decision making experience, ability to work without daily supervision and be autonomous;
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues using a variety of methods;
- Must have a proven track record of achievements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to work in a busy environment;
- The candidate must be a fast learner and have drive and self-motivation;
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve measures and goals;
- Works well under pressure;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Daon is an Equal Opportunity Employer