Picture yourself in a dynamic, hands-on, one-of-a-kind environment where no two days are ever the same. A place to inspire others and to be inspired yourself. If our mission, vision, and values resonate with you – come make the Perot Museum a part of your journey!
**Please apply on our Career Website in order to be considered for this position. No phone calls or agencies please.**
The Perot Museum of Nature and Science has designed and built a state of the art desktop, server and network infrastructure that includes both internal employee systems and public facing exhibits. The IT server and network infrastructure are supported by a third party integrator and the Museum is seeking a desktop support technician to add to the current team. The current infrastructure is comprised of the standard suite of Microsoft applications along with some industry-specific applications for museum management. This is a customer service position and the successful candidate will interact directly with employees and guests of the museum.
This is a full time hourly position with work regularly scheduled on weekend shifts.
Technical Skills required:
- Provide hardware and software desktop support to ~100 museum staff located at both the Victory and Fair Park campuses.
- Enter Help Desk support requests into electronic tracking system, monitor queues, ticket statuses, and tickets requiring follow up
- Answer IT support communications (phone, email, web form, etc.) in a timely manner
- Document problem resolutions for new, undocumented issues
- Maintain productivity levels as established by department management
- Resolve Help Desk issues and identify and collect necessary data for escalation to the server or network team
- Troubleshoot and resolve telecom/voicemail issues
- Perform telecom and voicemail systems adds/moves/changes
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC hardware/software issues
- Maintain and replace PC hardware
- Configure and setup new PC hardware
- Move PC hardware as needed
- Maintain a complete and accurate inventory of PC/Laptop/Workstation assets
- Manage and maintain systems as assigned
- Travel between sites as required; Transport equipment between sites as required
- Assist with projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Willingness to learn museum-specific applications and technologies like digital signage, video conferencing, A/V systems, etc.
Personal Skills Required:
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or 2 + years equivalent computer experience
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience required.
- Knowledge of VOIP, telecom, and voice mail systems preferred.
- NEC digital Phone system programming and support a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat/Creative Suite, etc.
- Macintosh/iOS experience a plus
- Windows Server and Active Directory experience required.
- iPhone, Android, Blackberry experience in addition to setting up end user email connectivity
- Remote Desktop Services experience preferred
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, wireless networking, and basic networking protocols
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with general direction on problems of unusual complexity
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Ability to manage many functions and projects concurrently
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English, Spanish a plus), interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
- Models a service attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to think & work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Effective professional-level interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Good Communication Skills – written, verbal (phone and face-to-face); this is potentially a public facing position
- Good Organizational Skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Flexibility in scheduling required.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Strong desire to learn and be trained
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to stand, use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, climb, reach, pull, push, grasp, lift and stand for periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift 30-40 pounds unassisted.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.