Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm's first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you'll do as a Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst at Akuna:
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to join our growing Risk Department. This role is part of a major investment in measuring and controlling market and execution risks where you will work on new development projects at the intersection of trading, options theory and automation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow and evolve with our firm! In this role, you will:
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Work as a part of a small Risk team and alongside Developers and Analysts to build efficient and smart protections around Akuna's trading
- Collaborate with Developers to improve our risk infrastructure
- Implement risk measures and automated reporting within that infrastructure
- Develop new ways to quantify risk and performance measures, working with market and historical data
- Assist in the setting, testing and monitoring of internal, exchange and third-party trading system and positional limits
- 1-3 years of professional finance experience, ideally in an options or automated trading environment
- Professional experience in a financial or trading environment
- Options theory and financial product knowledge
- Programming skills, preferably Python
- Independent thinker, motivated with great attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an analytical concentration