OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox Entertainment is looking for a Digital Content Distribution Manager to join their team in Los Angeles. This position will work closely with many internal and external teams to create, launch and maintain 360-degree content marketing campaigns across media and emerging platforms.
Areas of responsibility include YouTube integration and ideation, original content production, content marketing extensions, interactive content-driven experiences, custom sponsor integrations, and influencer content partnerships.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ideation, planning, execution and measurement of strategic content marketing initiatives as well as short form video distribution strategies including but not limited to;
- Manage the day to day execution of a comprehensive short form video distribution / publishing strategy across all digital video platforms (YouTube, Hulu, FOXNOW, FOX.com, Social, etc.)
- Improve video publishing processes, operations processes, asset request and delivery workflows, video content management, and project planning
- Oversee content optimization vendor to manage digital video metadata optimization across all video distribution
- Work across departments to develop and distribute innovative digital content and interactive programs for fans of FOX shows
- Collaborate closely on with special ops, creative services, show production, social producers and outside vendors to schedule and distribute all short form video content
- Creation of cross platform video content driven campaigns and franchises that engage audiences across digital platforms, encourage brand affinity and create revenue opportunities on new platforms
- Playlist, curate and optimize video content across various digital video platforms for discoverability and engagement
- Serve as the main point of contact for show production and internal groups for short form content distribution
- Attend and actively contribute to content and marketing strategy meetings for shows, helping define the creative direction of the network’s content marketing efforts
- Track and analyze competitive network and co-branded short form content marketing activities across the Internet, mobile, tablet and connected TV platforms
- Stay up to date with emerging platforms / products to ensure that FOX is first to market for activating innovative content driven campaigns
- Spearhead original content creation that the fans will respond to and that are aligned with overall marketing strategies and goals
- Meaningfully collaborate with the brand partnerships and content partnerships teams to build out and pitch innovative content campaigns to sponsors and partners
- Provide strategic, detailed direction to internal departments and vendors assigned to execute the content marketing and short form video distribution plan
- Evaluate & compile video content distribution analytics weekly and by season to showcase performance of content efforts – learning from past successes / failures to maintain an edge over competitive shows/network
- Be ready and willing to pitch in on content activations for special events coverage, fan events, content centric media partnerships, sponsorship initiatives, and more to make sure that cross platform marketing campaigns run smoothly
- Manage SEO vendor and development
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years professional social media experience preferred
- Proficiency with YouTube
- Understanding and experience with meta data
- Experience with online marketing, social analytics tools, and back-end systems
- Ability to work as a part of a high-functioning team in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Detail-oriented and the ability to be organized while multi-tasking
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including copy writing and proof reading
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.