Warby Parker is searching for an organized and enthusiastic Manager of Learning and Development to help foster and retain our greatest resource: our talent! Working closely with other members of the Talent team, the Manager of Learning and Development will drive programs for training, engagement, talent management, and development initiatives. In this role, you'll assume a range of responsibilities from dreaming up initiatives to developing strategic plans and overseeing program administration. Sound like the job for you? Read on.
What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Design, lead, and implement innovative talent development strategies and effective learning programs across the company
- Support the development of management training programs for all Warby Parker people managers
- Leverage multiple channels and tools to support an array of learners (think: videos and online tools, virtual and in-person instruction, gamification, simulations, assessments, coaching, and mentoring)
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that learning and development initiatives are aligned with both individual and team needs
- Work with leaders across the company to identify and develop high-potential employees to fill key roles within the organization
- Support the planning and implementation of Warby Parker's internship and externship programs
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of learning and development programs to create a culture of continuous improvement
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective:
- Equipped with 2 to 3 years of Learning and Development experience
- An effective, clear, and responsive communicator (in person, over email—you name it)
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks without letting a single detail slip through the cracks
- A personable and empathetic team player who's able to work with a variety of stakeholders
- An energetic and outgoing self-starter
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A problem solver who approaches roadblocks with a positive, innovative attitude
- Passionate about investing in and developing people
to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we're able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we've grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world's most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We're big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don't.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn't hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible "My Time" vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)