Marketing Events Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Date Posted: 3/8/2019
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY AT DALLAS MARKET CENTER!
Our Market Events team is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, creative person to join the team. This person will have the opportunity to work with and support the Market Events Manager with events taking place at DMC not only during market, but for other various occasions as needed. You will assist in the scheduling and execution of market events, including but not limited to: hospitalities, seminars, cocktail parties, and small to large scale fashion show productions.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
- Assists in planning and preparing for Special Events
Coordinates shared showroom events
Acts as department logistics liaison; gathers information needed from speakers, vendors, and exhibitors for contracts, invoices, travel, operations setup and events list
Researches trends for event ideas; maintains research database for event team
Coordinates catering orders; ensuring budget is met and orders are accurate
Processes event signage; requests, routing, implementation
Coordinates entertainers, musicians and DJs for events
Inputs all events and food outlet schedules on the DMC website in a timely manner and with accuracy
Creates event recap documents to include photos, catering orders and setup details
Organizes event team budget, codes & processes invoices, and ensures we are on budget
- Maintains events list, which is used in all event promotions efforts
Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Hospitality, Project Management, or Related Experience in Event Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
- Market Activities – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207