We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our Richmond, VA based design consultancy. You’ll be part of our small but highly successful organization, and we’ll welcome your ideas and insights. All you need is creativity, quick grasp of machinery and industrial processes and experience.
To be a good fit for this position you will have 5+ years experience in a design/engineering environment.
This position will offer you the opportunity to design solutions for intriguing applications.
The successful candidate will function as a part of a project team for product proposal, planning and development. You will provide input on all aspects of projects from design to testing.
Key activities include
- Creating detailed drawings from basic machine layouts
- Select and apply commercial components
- Develop Bill of Material information and assembly drawings
- Presenting design details to Project Engineer and other personnel at design reviews and project meetings
- Associates Design, Technical School or related experience in Machine Design.
- Part design for machining, sheet metal forming and welding fabrication.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidedge or Solidworks.
- Shop skills
- Drafting standards
- Effective influence and communication skills.
- Within daily commuting distance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical design.
- Knowledge of actuation types, rotary and linear, using hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical power.
As an equal opportunity employer we offer a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Please send / email cover letter and resume. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 401K Program with company match
- Group Insurance - Medical, Life, Disability and Dental
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible schedules