Since 2002, LEAF Engineers has been a frontrunner for success in providing comprehensive mechanical, electrical and plumbing/fire protection engineering design services. Our engineers are focused on system performance, reliability, flexibility and ease of maintenance. With an emphasis on teamwork, we reach beyond the traditional MEP approach to solve problems and integrate a more holistic approach to our processes. We strive to bring only the best to our team, is that you?
LEAF Engineers is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Designer for our rapidly growing practice in Ontario, CA. As an integral member of the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) team, the Mechanical Engineer/Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients’ goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other Designers, Operators or Engineers.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of plumbing systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team.
- Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs projects in a team environment and mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Implements and utilizes LEAF Engineers Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of load calculations and energy modeling.
- Ability to design and model simple and complex fire alarm and low voltage systems.
- Ability to produce coordinated floor plans, riser diagrams, and isometrics with limited guidance of more senior staff.
- Ability to interpret consultant design documents (for instance kitchen consultant's equipment layouts, equipment schedule and catalog cuts) and design the necessary plumbing system.
- Select plumbing equipment and layout the required equipment space.
- Coordinate with technology and electrical designers to coordinate the requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- PE license in California preferred.
- Five years of drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: K-12, higher education, commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Join a culture where you can have a direct and immediate impact on company growth and customer satisfaction. Leaf Engineers is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support, with a focus on customer satisfaction and sustainable design. Advancement opportunities exist with this position.