JOB TITLE: Medical Scheduler – Bilingual English/Spanish
DEPARTMENT: UI Health Customer CARE Center
REPORTS TO: Customer Care Center Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Various Available
Hours of Operation: M-F 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
LOCATION: Central Office - 1850 W. Roosevelt Rd.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Medical Scheduler will be responsible for providing a world class patient and family centered experience across the continuum that contributes to the customer satisfaction /retention, exceptional quality /value, and financial health in a high performance contact center environment. This position requires high quality customer service assistance when responding to inquiries pertaining to a variety of clinics under the UI Health umbrella. Medical Schedulers will be responsible for assuring speedy resolution of inquiries utilizing all available informational tools and websites. Calls may consist of requests for appointment scheduling and/or registration of UI Health patients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Adhere to the HIPAA (Privacy Act) as it relates to the confidentiality of information released; and conform to related policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of UI Hospital and Health Science System policies and procedures as they apply;
- Provide knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner;
- Maintain a current understanding of the processing procedures to respond to numerous patient inquiries;[more specific]
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters;
- Processing registrations on the phone; maintain appropriate documentation of phone inquiries;
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution, continually looking for and suggesting process improvements
- Register and schedule patients for primary care appointments utilizing UI Health System’s software applications – includes verifying insurance information and benefits;
- Update patient demographic and insurance information as required;
- Perform data entry as part of the registration and scheduling processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Health Care and/or contact center experience preferred
- Must be able to speak English and Spanish clearly and professionally;
Able to work with a database and navigate through a Windows environment required, e.g., logon/logoff, cut/copy/paste, minimize/maximize; knowledgeable of Microsoft outlook, Instant message
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 90% or greater accuracy;
- Must complete and pass a basic position assessment test.
- Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times;
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required;
- Will be required to complete program update training, as warranted, and successfully implement that knowledge in day to day operations;
- Commitment to our mission of providing opportunities for people who are visually impaired, blind, deaf-blind, or blind with additional disabilities is essential.