SSA at the Monterey Bay Aquarium is hiring for an Office Assistant to do HR/administrative duties.
- Provides branch administrative support in the form of answering telephones and word processing.
- In times of need assists the operational managers and park operations staff in the park, as delegated by Unit Controller.
- Responsible for proper uniform handling.
- Additional responsibilities may be added at any point to include administrative assistant help, projects, operational tasks, etc.
- Administrative tasks can be appointed, including but not limited to: HRIS management, implementation of legal paperwork, I-9 management, onboarding of new employees, training, time keeping equipment oversight, recruitment support, engagement program support, progressive documentation support.
- Prepares and updates employee manuals.
- Remains knowledgeable of all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate to our client, General Manager and HQ personnel.
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the importance of team building/development, while fostering partnerships.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation and daily paperwork.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office functions.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes (35lbs) as necessary to operation, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
This job description may be modified at any time by the General Manager to add, change, or remove certain responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts