Part-Time Graphic Designer
Marketing & Creative Services
Manager, Creative Services
The Part-Time Graphic Designer will assist in the creation of both digital and print work. This includes Social media content, logos, digital banners, signage etc., using collaboration skills in order to create strong visual content to represent the Padres as an elite organization.
**APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A PDF PORTFOLIO OR LINK TO WEBSITE FOR CONSIDERATION**
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Manager, Creative Services to ensure on-brand work, as well as being able to bring a fresh and energetic approach to new projects
- Act as a creative contact for internal and external requests
- Develop ideas and final proofs that are both consistent and on-brand with Clubs goals
- Stays abreast on current industry trends and applications
- Creation of ballpark and outdoor signage, publications, packaging, merchandise, logos, infographics, web banners, etc.
- Works well in a team environment through collaborative work and attention to detail.
- Collaborates with other departments within the organization to strategically create a consistent visual identity for the Club. This includes collaboration with the Game Presentation & Production departments on branding for commercials, in-park and web videos
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data to assist in the process of clarifying design ideas
- Represents the Club in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or education equivalent, preferably in Graphic Design or similar discipline
- 3+ years’ previous experience in Graphic Design
- Must have expert knowledge with the following software: Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience using Adobe After Effects a plus
- Experience working in a professional design department; agency experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of working with vendors and printers in releasing artwork for print
- Fundamentals of page-layout, typography and design principles
- Experience designing for action sports or entertainment industry a plus
- Experience using a DSLR camera a plus
- Strong ability to multi-task while producing accurate, high-quality work within specific deadlines
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- As a condition of employment, the job candidate(s) must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screening
The San Diego Padres are an Equal Opportunity Employer.