The Account Manager is responsible for managing the patient assistance program onsite for a large health system in the NYC metro area. Manager will lead the team in providing these services and is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the operations and revenue goals of the PAP program.
The Manager works with the team to oversee daily operation of the PAP Reps to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, and reward/recognition programs. Managers are responsible for creating an atmosphere that allows for positive employee engagement and works with senior leaders to develop strategies that boast engagement.
Works in a fast paced, high volume environment managing complex reimbursement and PAP issues and processes. Provide effective leadership and counsel to customers to fully execute the terms of the McKesson RxO contract and maintain positive relationships with their customers. They are expected to regularly communicate with McKesson RxO Leadership about program successes, challenges and provide consultative solutions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of work activities. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate in a professional manner and build long-term customer relationships.
Must maintain HIPAA compliance, protect PHI and adhere to ICARE standards in all interactions.
**Candidate must be located in the New York Metro area and will be required to travel 5 days per week to customer locations in Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, or Brooklyn**
- The Manager is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the operations and revenue goals of the PAP Reps. The Manager assumes ownership of a group of hospitals, which includes making complex, on-the-spot decisions related to changing customer priorities, work processes, and recovery management to maximize revenues that meet and/or exceed monthly revenue goals. The Manager works with the Sr PAP Reps to oversee daily operation of the PAP Reps to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, and reward/recognition programs. Managers are responsible for creating an atmosphere that allows for positive employee engagement and works with senior leaders to develop strategies that boast engagement. Handles workplace conflict.
- This fast paced, high volume environment allows the Manager to handle complex reimbursement and PAP issues and processes. These reimbursement processes include how to analyse drug purchase history to identify new purchasing trends and evaluate operational gaps to improve processes and maximize efficiencies. Expected to regularly communicate with RxO Sales and McKesson RxO management about program successes, challenges.
- Managers are required to drive revenue by analysing available recovery opportunities to grow the business. They provide effective leadership and counsel to customers to fully execute the terms of the McKesson RxO contract and maintain positive relationships with their customers. Partners with RxO customer service to present the success of the McKesson RxO program and discusses challenges and resolutions to make the program better at their facilities. Engages in proactive communications with drug and device manufacturers about their assistance programs so as to expand recovery savings for McKesson RxO customers. Effectively responds to escalated issues from customers and manufacturer PAP programs. Partners with leadership to implement operational active for new customers.
- Manages McKesson RxO Patient Assistance Program. Makes daily decisions and uses sound judgment on the recovery work processes, prioritizes customers and recovery management to maximize revenues. Decides which drugs and patients to work at each health system facility by pre-screening and qualifying each for the various PAP programs, creates own work schedule, responsible for prioritizing work to accomplish contractual outcomes.
- 3+ years Management or Supervisory experience; Healthcare, Reimbursement or Account Management industry experience preferred.
- Must live in New York Metro (will travel to customer sites in Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn)
- Strong computer skills, including advanced level skills in database management
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong communications skills with the ability to present and communicate with healthcare professionals at all levels with professional, engaging and confident demeanor
- Successful experience in a dynamic environment with the ability to navigate organizational complexity and change
- Must have strong understanding of confidentiality of patient records and HIPAA compliance
- Must understand confidentiality of patient records and HIPAA compliance
- Must maintain ICARE standards of behavior at all times
- Ability to be self-directed and autonomous
- Position will require travel to the various NY Metro customer locations 5 days per week.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Solid knowledge of data processing and analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, finance, or related experience
- General Office Demands
- Travel by car to customer locations
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!