Virginia Heart is a progressive, growing practice committed to providing excellence in cardiovascular care. We're currently seeking friendly, dependable professionals to provide daily administrative and customer service support to medical office operations in this critical role in our busy practice. This ideal candidate must have a high level of customer service and professionalism.
Primary responsibilities include:
Provides support to the office manager, physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient.
Provides exceptional customer service.
Responsible for greeting all patients in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
Provides friendly and efficient telephone services.
Registers patients in EMR system, verifies demographics and updates accordingly.
Collects co-payments, prepares patient receipts, and posts payments accurately via EMR.
Collects external/ internal mail on a daily basis and distributes appropriately.
Keeps reception area and waiting rooms clean and presentable at all times.
Able to identify all accepted insurance plans and cards.
Checks insurance eligibility; obtains patient insurances referrals as needed.
Performs daily chart preparation ensuring that required documentation is prepared in advance to ensure efficient patient flow.
Schedules appointments either via phone or in person.
Respects and maintains patient privacy and dignity. Adheres to HIPAA law at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one year of experience in a receptionist position in a fast-paced environment
- Medical office experience in a multi-provider office preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Computer proficient with good typing skills
- Prior experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills and pleasant phone manner
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(K), and paid vacation, sick and holidays.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.